TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SITE
PLEASE READ THIS STATEMENT CAREFULLY. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THEN YOU SHOULD NOT ACCESS THIS SITE. ACCESS OF THIS SITE BY YOU SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Copyright and Trade Marks
Unless otherwise stated, all rights in any information which appears on this site (including the photographs screen displays, the content, the text, graphics and look and feel of the site) belong to Fräckeye Studio HK.
All trade marks, service marks, company names or logos are the property of their respective holders.
Any use by you of these photographs, images, marks, names and logos without express permission may constitute an infringement of the holders’ rights.
Use of the site
You may access this site for your own personal non-commercial use only. You may not download and keep or print any part of this site.
You may not access any part of this site prohibited by any notice or restriction, or where it is reasonably obvious that such part of the site is meant to be private (e.g. any administration area meant only for our employees).
You may only access this site using a normal desktop or mobile web browser or screen reader (or other device for accessibility purposes). You may not access this website for the purposes of ‘scraping’, aggregating or re-publishing its content or for any reason other than as a private visitor to the site.
Without affecting our right to take other action (including legal action), we may suspend or cancel your registration immediately if you do not comply with these terms and conditions.
This site is hosted in the HKSAR and controlled by us from Hong Kong. We make no representation that any material contained on this site is appropriate for any other jurisdiction than the HKSAR. Should you choose to access this site from any location other than the Hong Kong, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws.
STANDARD LICENSING TERMS
1. Frackeye Studio grants to User a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-assignable right (unless otherwise specified in the license) to use the licensed material only in accordance with the specifications and limitations specified in the license. The specifications and limitations concern area of use, medium, period of time, print run, placement, size of Licensed Material, territory and any other restrictions specified in the Rights and Restrictions. The user alone is entitled to use the licensed photo in accordance with the specifications and limitations in the license.
At any time, Fräckeye Studio is entitled to ensure that the user respects these Standard Licensing Terms.
2. Fräckeye Studio holds or represents all intellectual property rights of the licensed photos. The user must in every respect abide by the rights of Art Partner and its partners and licensors, and the user is liable without limitations for any disregard or infringement of these rights, including un-allowed or unlawful use or forwarding of the licensed photo to a third party. The user is not entitled to copy, archive, republish or transmit the licensed photo or parts thereof to an extent other than specified in the license without Fräckeye Studio’s prior written consent. The user is not allowed to use the licensed photo in any compromising or defamatory con-text.
Except as otherwise, all Licensed Material used in an editorial context must include the following credit line adjacent to the Licensed Material: Fräckeye Studio
Fräckeye Studio will notify the user if it has obtained a model release and/or a property release for Licensed Material, either in the Rights and Restrictions or by written notice to Licensee. If no such notification is given, then no such model or property release has been obtained. The user acknowledges that some jurisdictions provide legal protection against a person's image, likeness or property being used for commercial purposes without their consent. Neither Fräckeye Studio nor any party on whose behalf Fräckeye Studio licenses Licensed Material makes any representations or warranties as to whether any additional fees or payments may be due to any person depicted in Licensed Material pursuant to the requirements of any applicable trade union, and the user shall be solely responsible for any such additional fees or payments to such trade union.
Except where user is specifically notified that a model and/or property release has been obtained by Fräckeye Studio, neither Fräckeye Studio nor any Licensor grants any rights or makes any warranties with regard to the use of names, people, trademarks, trade dress, logos, registered, unregistered or copyrighted audio, designs or works of art or architecture depicted in any Licensed Material. The user shall be solely responsible for determining whether a release is required in connection with any proposed use of Licensed Material, and the user shall be responsible for obtaining any required release. As to any release delivered with any Editorial Licensed Material, neither Fräckeye Studio, nor any user, makes any representation, warranty or guarantee as to its sufficiency with regard to any use of the Licensed Material made by the user. The User shall obtain all necessary individual, property, team logo, trademark, audio and other releases, approvals and clearances from third parties as may be required for the user’s use of the Licensed Material prior to using the Licensed Material.
3. The price for the licensed photo is specified in the license, and the outstanding amount is due 30 (thirty) days from the date of the license (unless otherwise specified in the license). In the event of late payment Fräckeye Studio shall be entitled to claim default interest of 5% per day of the amount due.
Rights of the licensed image are reserved to the user when an invoice is created. The user is liable to pay 50% of the total license fee if they cancel an order within ten days after being sent the terms & conditions of the usage by electronic email. After 10 days, the user is responsible for the full payment of the invoice.
4. If the user experiences difficulties in licensing photos at Fräckeye Studio website, the user may contact Fräckeye Studio on working days at email@example.com. Fräckeye Studio will try to help the user as far as possible, but cannot be held responsible for the user's own hardware, software or internet connection or the advice given.
5. If the licensed photo cannot be accessed or used as presupposed by the user after his/her acceptance of these Standard Licensing Terms, Fräckeye Studio – after having been informed thereof by the user – is under an obligation to ensure that the licensed photo can be used by the user in accordance with the specification and limitation specified in the license. This right to complain and this obligation to remedy are the user's only rights in connection with defective delivery of the licensed photo.
6. Fräckeye Studio warrants that it has obtained the right to license the photo from the photographer. Besides this express warranty, the licensed photo is licensed "as is". Fräckeye Studio makes no other representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever, express or implied, in connection with the licensing or these Standard Licensing Terms, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose, except to the extent such representations and warranties are not legally excludable. To the fullest extent permitted by law Art Partner will not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind (including lost profits) related to the licensed photo, including use thereof, regardless of the form of action whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, even if Fräckeye Studio have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
7.The user agrees to defend, indemnify and hold Fräckeye Studio and its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, employees, agents, third party information providers and independent contractors, harmless for any loss, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any third party claim, action, or demand resulting from the user's use of the licensed photo.
8. A party cannot be held responsible towards the other party in case of force majeure, which affects the party's obligations under these Standard Licensing Terms. Force majeure includes i.a. war and mobilization, natural disasters, strikes, lock-outs, fires, absent, delayed or defective deliveries from sub-suppliers/licensors, damaged production machinery, computer virus, key personnel being unfit for work, import and export regulation conditions and other conditions outside the con-trol of the party in question.
10. HKSAR law shall govern the use of the licensed photo and the parties hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the HK courts.
11. These Standard Licensing Terms and the license constitute the complete and exclusive agreement between the user and Fräckeye Studio regarding the licensed photo(s). Fräckeye Studio reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change these Standard Licensing Terms at any time by posting the changes on Fräckeye Studio’s website. Any changes are effective immediately upon posting to the website. The user's continued use of licensed photos, including any new licensing, is governed by such new Standard Licensing Terms. Fräckeye Studio’s failure to require performance of any provision in these Standard Licensing Terms shall not affect Fräckeye Studio’s full right to require such performance at any time thereafter, nor shall Fräckeye Studio’s waiver of a breach of any provision hereof be taken or held to be a waiver of the provision itself. No failure to exercise and no delay on the part of either party in exercising any right, remedy, power or privilege of that party under these Standard Licensing Terms and no course of dealing between the parties shall be construed or operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege. In the event that any provision of these Standard Licensing Terms shall be unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law or be so held by any applicable court decision, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render these Standard Licensing Terms unenforceable or invalid as a whole. Fräckeye Studio will amend or replace such provision with one that is valid and enforceable and which achieves, to the extent possible, the original objectives and intent as reflected in the original provision.